For your information, disabled citizens can pay less for Internet subscription. Currently, only TMNet Streamyx and P1 Wimax have confirmed that they have special packages for OKU. In this post, we will discuss about TMNet Streamyx packages for OKU.
TMNet Streamyx for OKU
<image not available at the moment>
Listed in the table above is a list of packages available for disabled citizens. These disabled citizens must be registered under Social Welfare Department (Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat) only.
Some notes for the prospective customers:
- Streamyx is applicable for personal application only.
- Minimum subscription period is 12 months.
- Service is subject to availability and technical testing.
- Speed of service is on best effort basis.
- Customer is NOT ALLOWED to change the telephone number (connecting to Streamyx) before installation of service.
- Customer is responsible for internal wiring, NIC card and networking.
- Streamyx In-A-Box and online registration is not applicable for this package.
- For Streamyx 2.0Mbps and 4.0Mbps package:
a. Service is available in selected areas only. List of the areas is available here
b. Service is subject to availability and technical testing during installation.
c. For existing customers who want to upgrade to these packages, new modem will be provided. Service interruption will occur for a maximum period of 2 working days.
d. For existing customers who want to upgrade to these packages and fail to get the service upon service verification during installation, their application will be reverted to existing package.
- All Internet charges will be included in one single bill ‘Bil Telefon & Multimedia’ (inclusive of telephone charges, Streamyx charges & others).
- For account activated on every 29th, 30th or 31st, the current charges for the month will be pro-rated.
- If customer terminates Streamyx before the end of the minimum subscription period, the customer must pay the subscription fees of the remaining months and return the modem. Pre-mature termination includes relocation of premise.
- Streamyx bill must be paid before the due date to avoid any service suspension. During the suspension period, TM will continue to charge for the monthly subscription fee. RM10 reconnection fee will be charged upon service reactivation.
- Streamyx download and upload speed is guaranteed for local content access only. TM is not responsible for the low speed of either download or upload of international content access.
- Email account provided will be firstname.lastname@example.org (minimum 3 characters, maximum 8 characters)
- This package targeted only for DISABLED CITIZEN who registered under Social Welfare Department, Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development.
- Registration is available at TMpoint only.
- Upon registration, applicant must present the OKU identification card issued by Social Welfare Department, Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development to verify the status of DISABLED CITIZEN and submit a copy of OKU ID card.
- Applicants may send representative to TMpoint to register for the package on behalf him/her. Representative should present the OKU ID card & submit a copy of the card.
- The 1st bill received will include one month subscription fee (from the date of service activation) and an advance charge of the second month subscription fee.